Monday, October 15, 2012

NYCC is over...

So my first Comic Con is over. I had imagined a lot of waiting in line and things, so doodles. While I did some doodles, I also saw a lot of interesting things, and met a lot of interesting people.

Got to hear Guillermo del Toro speak and be hilarious, he signed a poster for me. Also made it a habit to talk to a few strangers when I was alone. I did make a few doodles, sketching people at panels.

I got to speak to Ananth and Yuko of Johnny Wander. I've been reading Ananth's work since he worked on Apple Geeks (google it) and really admire Yuko's art. And no lie the first day I stumbled upon their table, (well I knew it was going to be there, but was so lost in the GIANT show room that I was a bit taken aback when I saw it) I think I may have made a teeny fool of myself... They are great though. My personal webcomic heroes. Yuko thinks my name is cool eeeeeeeee!!

Also got a book signed by Evan Dahm ( Rice Boy, Order of Tales, Vattu ). Been reading his comics for years. Even got a teacher at school to use the comic for his graphic narratives and website design classes. Wonder if he's still using it. Haha Wasn't sure if Mr. Dahm was pleased or embarrassed, but I was pleased and little star struck meeting all these people.
Here are some doodles. The girl I actually gave away to a woman sitting next to me in line. The boy I drew on the train. My friend had read me a tidbit about how when trees get too cold they sometimes explode because of the dryness contracting the bark and the sap expanding. Wanna do a picture of jack frost now. I don't think I will make him quite that young, but it would be cool... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment