Monday, April 30, 2012

Not quite a drawing today

So today, instead of working on art, I spent the day glaring at comicpress.

ComicPress is a WordPress theme that is intended to created an easy way for web comic artists to post their work.

Easily... yes... that was the intention. Now don't get me wrong. I can write the basic code for a website. I can tell it make a box. Put a header and footer, and a large box with three columns underneath. Make the center column wide for my posts. I can make a table, and I can tell it, make this image a link, make my text red, and this text larger than that text.  The part I hadn't quite gotten down was a nice system to help me post pages without having to write a new page for each post.  So ComicPress was intended to help me concentrate on the art part and leave the site building to some faceless developer someplace.

THAT has been interesting, learning to work in the confines of Comic and WordPress.

I'm still going to be building some of this site myself, with the intention of eventually creating the site on my own. Right now I'm going to be working on building a CSS style for the page and the front page that links the current 2 halves of the site together.


Let's see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment